Summer time is great. But as winter approaches your skin begins to dry and itchy.
So,what do you do?
1. Drink water ... Hydrate your skin from within by drinking lots of water. Carry a bottle with you when you go outside. Herbal tea is also great when it’s really cold. Your skin will soon have a healthy glow. So drink up and don’t let your skin go thirsty.
2. Humidifier ... One good option would be to put moisture back into the air. A humidifying system can help your skin remain supple instead of cracked and dry. You can buy a system from your local drug store.
3. Exfoliate ... A good body scrub and facial exfoliant can help remove dead skin cells from your body. Add this to your cleansing routine once a week. Not only will you feel fresh but your skin will be free from all that old dry cells. Now you’re ready to moisturize!
4. Oil based moisturizer ... This will help protect your skin from moisture loss. Choose one that comes in an ointment form as it will contain 80% oil. Creams and lotions may tend to dry out the skin rather than keep it moisturized and soft.
5. Sunscreen ... Don’t say goodbye to your sunscreen just because summer is over. Before you leave your house, apply a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15 or more. This will protect your skin from the elements. Alternatively, choose a product can combines a sunscreen with a moisturizer.
6. Gloves ... It’s simple but it works! Why expose your hands to the cold. Choose a good quality pair that does not irritate the skin. If you’re allergic to wool, wear a cotton mitten underneath. It will help keep your hands dry and warm.
7. Flaxseed oil ... Although it doesn’t taste very great flaxseed oil can moisturize your body from the inside. Since it is rich in vital fatty acids it can do a lot for your overall health. It is available in oil form as well as in capsule form.
8. Oil bath ... Now how does a jojoba oil or sweet almond bath sound to you? Relaxing isn’t it! You don’t have to keep these for holidays. Nourish you skin by adding a few drops of these oils into your every day bath. It will do wonders for your skin.
9. No blow dry ... Yes, sadly so. The blow drier is not your friend in winter. Try the tousled look or the wavy or curly style this winter. Hot air dries out your scalp and can irritate your skin as well. So give the blow drier a miss this cold season.
10. Don’t lick … your lips we mean. If you do, you’ll only chap your lips even more. Keep a lip balm in your purse and apply it when you’re tempted!